What are Contact Hours ( PDUs) & how to obtain it.?
To satisfy the 35-contact hour requirement, candidates must document formal project management training occurring in a planned, structured learning activity or experience.
Contact hours can be provided by:
- A university/college program can also be distance-learning programs
- Employer sponsored programsA training company or consultant
- A program offered by a PMI Component organization
- Programs offered by PMI Registered Education Providers (REPs)
When taking courses offered by PMI REPs, keep in mind that one PDU generally equals one contact hour. For example,If you complete 35 hours of education from a leading PMI approved vendor,you will have contact hours needed to proceed with their PMP application.
Easiest way would be you sit at home and listen to podcast and watch a video and you get 35 Contact hours. There are two options for that.
- Both above are good methods.
When You Pass
A great landmark achievement in your life!. Shortly after passing, your name will be posted at the PMI website and you will receive a comprehensive package of information that includes a:
- Detailed analysis or your exam performance
- Continuing Certification Handbook
- PMP Certificate
- PMP Lapel Pin
- Prepared news release announcing your new certification