Changes to PMP Exam Effective 31st Aug 2011
• Professional & Social Responsibility Will Be Integrated
Current exam format tests Professional and Social Responsibility as a separate domain. The Role Delineation Study (RDS) showed that Professional and Social Responsibility is integrated into all of the work of project management and cannot be seen as separate.
In new format one has to understand Professional and Social Responsibility in their day to day tasks. Topics to consider would be procurement ethics, social responsibility in mixed team, overall ethical and responsible behaviour
30% of the exam questions would change to reflect this change. New spread would be
Monitoring & Control 25%
• Study Materials to be aligned
Registered Education Providers (R.E.P) have been informed that study material should reflect the above change . So as long as you take the 35 contact hours from a REP, you should not have to worry to much about this.
What does not change
• PMBoK - 4th Edition will continue till end of 2012. Its expected that the new PMBoK would only be in effect from 2013
• Format of the exam and the scoring pattern remains the same
• Eligibility criteria remains unchanged.
What should you do
• To minimize the impact, you should try and complete the exam before 30th Aug 2011, that way you don’t have to spend too much time understanding the changes.
• Don’t scramble to finish the exam if you are not ready. The change should cause minimum disruptions to Study material.