Memory Aids for PMP Exam.
Memory Aids for PMP Exam
We believe the following is must to remember for PMP Exam. Hence it is listed seperately from Memorizing input , tools, and outputs since that is optional.
- The following are common tools and techniques for all the processes in the Project Integration Management knowledge area:
Project Management Methodology
Expert Judgment (except Direct and Manage Project Execution)
- After the Project management plan is developed, it is an input for all successive processes in the Project Integration Management knowledge area.
- Activity Attributes Updates is a common output for all the processes in the Project Time Management knowledge area except the first process where activity attributes are created.
- Requested Changes is a common output for all the processes in the Project Cost, Time, Quality & Scope Management knowledge area except the Activity Duration Estimating Process , Quality Planning and Scope Planning
- Tools and techniques used in Risk Identification:
- BIRDS (Information Gathering techniques)
- CSI (Diagramming techniques)
B I R D S:
- Root cause identification
- SWOT Analysis
C S I:
- Cause and Effect Analysis
- System or Process Flow charts
- Influence Diagrams
- Tools and techniques used in Quantitative Risk Analysis:
- PIE (Data gathering and representation techniques)
- MEDS (Quantitative risk analysis and modeling)
P I E:
Modeling and Simulation (Eg Monte Carlo Analysis)
Decision tree analysis
Sensitivity Analysis (Eg. Tornardo Diagram)
- Tools and techniques used in Risk Response Planning:
Strategies for Negative Risks / Threats:
Strategies for Positive Risks / Threats:
- Tools and techniques used in Scope Definition:
- Alternatives Identification
- Product Analysis
- Expert Judgement
- Stakeholder Analysis
- There is only one Tool & Technique for Risk Management Planning: Planning meetings and analysis.
- When the seller selection is based on PRICE, its often called a tender / Bid / Quotation. When the seller selection is based on technical skills / approach, its called a proposal.
- Recommended Preventive action is used to bring the project into compliance with the project plan. Recommended corrective action is anything that needs to be done to bring the seller in compliance with the terms of the contract.
- Prevention is keeping errors out of the process. Inspection is keeping errors out of the hands of the customer.
- Attribute sampling is whether the result conforms or not. In Variables sampling, the result is rated on a continuous scale that measures the degree of conformity.
- Common causes (a.k.a random causes) are normal process variations. Special causes are unusual events.
- The result is acceptable if it falls within the range specified by the tolerance control limits. The process is in control if it falls within the control limits.
- Seven basic tools of quality: CCFRHPS
Take a Cat Cat-Fish Runs on
Cause and Effect Diagrams.
- Constraints for human resource planning:
- Collective bargaining agreements
- Economic conditions
- Organizational Structure
- Project Statement of Work describes:
- Business Needed
- Product Scope Description
- Strategic Plan