Cleared PMP on 16th August in first attempt
Submitted by RohitTawade on Wed, 08/17/2011 - 11:35
I cleared my PMP exam in first attempt on 16th August. I would like to take this opportunity to thank the PM Zilla group members for sharing there valuable views on this site.
For me it all started almost 2 months back when I finally decided to take the exam. Followed the below sequence for studies
- Quick reading of PMBOK ( almost took 8-10 days to complete and this was a real fast reading)
- Detailed reading of RITA’s book & PMBOK simultaneously and took my own notes. (this took around 40 – 42 days)
- Took first mock test and scored – 75%
- Reading of Rita’s book (updated the notes if anything was missed out earlier. Followed the strategy of completing 1 Chapter per day which took 12 days to complete)
- Took second mock test and scored – 80%
- Quick reading of PMBOK(6-8 days)
- Took third mock test & scored – 82%
- For last 4 days just studied my notes, ITTO & formulas. ( Rajesh’s notes are really crisp and best for the last minute reading.)
Gave exams from following sites
- Exam Central
- PM study
- Head first
- Olivers 75 free PMP questions ( these were hard and could score only 65%)
I believe that a serious & dedicated study of 4-5 hours every day & 8-9 hours study on weekends for a 1- 1.5 month will put you in good shape to clear the exam.
Thanks once again to all the members of PM – Zilla and all the best to all the PMP aspirants.