I passed the PMP exam on 15 Jan 2015.....
Submitted by macisu on Fri, 01/16/2015 - 02:08
I passed the PMP exam on 15 Jan 2015
Preparation Time: 6 months.
1) PMBOKGuideFifthEd - Read at least 3 times
2) Rita Mulcahy - 8ed - 2013 + Fast Track - Read at least 3 times
Full length Practice Tests taken:
2) Andy Crowe-200Q
3) Simplilearn (4 test) - 200Quest. each one
4) PMStudy - 1 Free
5) PMStudy - 3 Paid
6) PMP Exam - Oliver Lehman - Mobile version
7) PMP EXAM PREP - Mobile version
8) PrepCast from Cornelius EXAM SIMULATOR - http://exam.pm-exam-simulator.com/ - in my case was very useful
Average Score 75-85 %
Apart for the above practice tests, I had also gone through Rita mulcahy book.
I practiced over 3000 questions during four months prior the exam.
Each incorrect question I went back and reviewed it carefully.
min. 50 questions by day
For PMP aspirants:
- be positive
- I did not take a bootcamp
- Most question on the exam were very close to the ones I practiced.
- I used Richard Kraneis's method of "Treat each question like a jump ball. Read it, take the time to understand it and answer it, and move on."
- dont memorize ittos is a waste of time.
- MAX 2 direct questions about ittos
- tons of questions about changes
- 2 o 3 questions about tuckman.
- 3 o 4 questions related to project charter
- a question about control limit
- questions about quality. related to: plan, quality assurance.
- a lot of questions about risk
- questions about cpi and spi
- questions about contracts. choosing the best alternative they provide features....
- questions about close procedure.
- 3 o 4 questions about Critical Path showing a diagram. Find total float, free flot
- questions to calculate PERT. they provide optimistic, pesimistic and most likely.
- 2 questions about comn. channel. very easy.
- Questions about ishikawa
- NO questions about PTA
- NOTHING RELATED TO SELECTION PROJECT ALTERNATIVES
- PMI Code of ethics -> NO questions
- NO QUESTIONS ABOUT PROJECT SELECTION
samples of questions
My first question:
1 if you have a technical issue and could you have an update of the risk register . Options as a manager:
- preventive action
- corrective action
- defect repair
- another one
2 what document do you update the methodology of the project?
-project management plan
Whatever the exam is designed to pass if you understand the processes.
please focus reading from right to left processes of table 3.1 (pmbok page 61 understanding concepts). clarify the interpretations using your patterns and graphics.
every day repeating yourself.
practice with mock test. again and again and again....
thanks to Admin and pmzilla
Marcos Cifuentes, PMP