What should I memorization?
I am scheduled to take the exam on January 14th and I am trying to prioritize which topics or lists to memorize. I have read PMBOK and Rita Mclcahey's 8th edition. Rita's book lists several things to memorize which I am currently working on. Rita's list includes the following items.
- Earned Value Formulas
- Triangular and Beta Distribution Formulas
- Accuracy of Esitmates (Rough order of magnitude, budget, and definitive estimates)
- How pareto diagrams can be helpful
- How to calculate the number of communication channels
- The six sequential risk management processes
The general theme from Rita's book is that memorization isn't very useful sans the above listed topics. I recently spoke with a person who failed their exam. She urged me to memorize the tools and techniques for each process. What do you think? Are there other topics I should focus on memorizing?
Memorizing is always my fallback study technique. I typically focus more on grasping concepts. However, it is frustrating that academia typically says 'don't memorize', instead, grasp the concept, then tests on the minutia... I'll save the rant for another time.
Thank you for your thoughts.