Passed PMP in first attempt on July 5, 2016
I have passed my PMP exam in first attempt on July 05, 2016. The exam was really brutal as mentioned everywhere on the web. At least 2 out of 4 choices were seems correct.
Couple of points here.
1. Only 1 question from new syllabus that was mentioning some KPI related stuff.
2. Only very few numericals (may be 2-3) and I am sure those should be the part of 25 questions which are not scored.
3. All Situational Questions 95%.
My Preparation: It was a long journey due to professional committments. Study was unplanned. Whenever I got time, I studied. It was a 10 months study, but seriously overall 3 months.
1. I took formal training to get 35 PDUs and some experience so that when I start study, nothing seems new to me. Very important. I will suggest everyone to go for some class room training. I did it with PMAC Consulting, Noida, India.
2. Rita, Rita and Rita. Drink it. Just understand it.
3. I did following questions bank:
a) 1500 questions from my training provider.
b) Rita Fastrack (85-90% in second attempt)
c) Oliver Lehmann 175 (80% marks) - Old questions
d) Oliver Lehmann 75 Questions (85%) - Old Questions.
e) iZenbridge 100 questions - Good stuff
I talked to a mentor Mr. Anmol Sinha, who always gave me positive vibes and always asked me to be confident. He is admin of pmzest.com. I am not doing any marketing for him here. Just putting some true words.
I bough his product (most economical on the web) and I was able to get 64 to 80% but his questions are tougher than real PMP exam. Every question related to PMBOK and that happens in real exam also.
If you get 65-70% in his questions you are ready to go. You can even talk to him. He is a best mentor who will never speak negative and you will feel positive while going through this tough exam.
And the last thing: No shourtcut can save you:
Study hard, Do mock exams (there will be no questions in the exam from mock, it will be just to get you and idea), Believe in yourself and Leave the study before one day of exam.
Chill and you will pass it.
Thanks and Regards