Passed PMP with 5Ps
Happy to share that I have cleared my PMP exam with 5 proficients. Achieved the long pending goal and it is a great relief. I have visited this forum quite often during my preparation. Discussion of key concepts and lessons learned from members were extremely helpful. So, I thought I should share my experience as well for other PMP aspirants. Here it goes:
1) I have been thinking about PMP since many years, but in September I decided I have to attempt it, whatever happens. So, I just went ahead and scheduled the exam for November leaving 2 full months for prep
2) Started with Rita book and completed in 3 weeks. Read all chapters thoroughly. Made the effort to understand each and every line written there. Never moved on until I really understood the concepts. Religiously completed all chapter end exercises
3) After Rita book, started doing mock exams (PM Fast Track, Head First, Oliver etc..)
4) Attempted to read PMBOK for next 3 weeks. Tried my best to understand the concepts, specially focussing on the reasons behind input and ouputs of various processes. Reading was very dry and used to put me to sleep, but I think going through it once helped me in the exam
5) Last 2 weeks, I skimmed through important chapters of Rita book again. Did daily memory dump practice, attempted many mock exercises (consistently scored above 80).
6) I had pasted Ricardo Vargas chart, memory dump sheet, page 61 of PMBOK and Rita's process chart in my bathroom and used to go over it every time I go to bathroom while my kids knocked the door from outside :)
Let me know if anyone wants any additional information and I will be happy to share. Good luck to everyone.