Passed PMP on 20th July 2015, My Lessons Learned
I‘m Narasimha Reddy and I'm happy to inform that I passed my PMP exam last Monday 20th July 2015, 4MP 1BP (A Pass is A Pass)
From my experience, the key to successfully passing the test is iterating between exam materials and doing mock exams. When I did my first mock exam, I was very surprise how many I got wrong even though I thought I knew the materials inside out. I would review those questions I got wrong and understand why. Usually it is not that you don't know the material but more importantly you have to understand/read the questions better.
Summary : Prepared for 11 weeks, Material - Rita, Head First, PMBOK and Saket Bansal’s wonderful videos/blogs/Hangouts
Full length Practice Tests taken:
1) HeadFirst (Free) good to start
2) www.examcentral.net (Free) good, lots of questions
4) Simplilearn (5 Test Paid) OK, but not worth for Money
5) PMZEST (5Tests paid) I passed only 2exams. Questions collection is awesome, But language is very poor, Sometimes I don’t understand Question, Advantage is Affordable Price.
6) PMZILLA 200 +100 Questions by T Kapadia, Must Try
7) Scordo Question (Free for PMI Members) Very good
My Average score is 62% - 77%,
Don't get Deflated if you get low scores in some exams, I got only 65% in most of my Mock tests.
Very good source for concepts
30% questions are straight forward, 70% Questions are wordy and Tricky. In fact Questions are easy, Answers are tough.
Only 2 ITTO questions by seeing options easily find out correct answer.
I got 7 Maths Questions.
Sitting in front of Computer for 4:30 hours (30mins for Intro and feedback) and anticipating every bit of tricky questions is a torture.
Stay cool focus on your English, 50% of Exam is all about your patience, Language and your endurance. Write as many Mock tests as possible and be a self motivator. You will DO IT.