Finally cleared PMP on 2nd November
I have finally cleared my PMP on 2nd November 2015 ( 3 MP's and 2 P). Its like a dream come true. I always used to read post from this site and I owe it to you all for all the support and help that was provided through valuable information that were posted on this site.
Time Taken for Preperation: 3 Months ( Aug to Oct 2015)
Material Used: PMBOK, Rita, Head first
Training: EPMC (http://www.effectivepmc.com/)
- Read Head first and Rita Once just along with PMBOK to clear my concepts and GAP.
- PMBOK was read multiple times till I cleared the exam. PMBOK reading intially took me 20 days and gradually got redued to 1 week, and during last week of exam I could complete PMBOK in just 3 days.
- Appeared multiple test as below.
- Rita chapter test ( AUG ) : Scored between 65 to 70%
- Simply Learn Free test (AUG) : Scored 65%
- Olive Lehman 75 Q (SEP) : Scored 65%
- PMSTUDY 4 test ( OCT- Each test in a week): Scored between 79 to 85%
- 4 EPMC TEST ( http://www.effectivepmc.com/) (OCT month): These are good quality questions and tougher than actual PMP exam. Scored 62% in first 2 exams, and scored 73% in last 2 exams, about week before my scheduled exam date. These exams helped me a lot to understand all GAPS and each and every section of PMBOK in detail.
- Mock test preparation is very vital and it helps you to work on your weakness and GAPS. I have appeared over 2500 Questions
- Pay special attention to initiation and closing processes, as these are the once many of us neglect and loose on the scores.
- I found Process diagram in PMBOK very useful and helped me to mind map and inegrate all 47 processes.
Few Personal learnings and suggestions:
1. Always keep the "I CAN DO" attitude. Believing in yourself is very important.
2. Stay focused and keep a time line. I would say Preparing for PMP should be handled like a Project with proper planning, Execution , M&C and NEVER EVER delay the closing which is very important even for PMP exam.
3. You need to fight your own battle. Some thing that works for other may not work for you and you need to find your own way out. Never take too many suggestion and even if you take them understand what is feasible and that would work for you.
4. Donot refer too many material, or use too many source of free test, as you tend to loose focus.
5. Finally, keep the GOAL constantly in you mind & heart and I would say dream about it :) & you will definetly succeed.
Wish You ALL The Best for your PMP preparation!!!!!