Cleared PMP Last week...
Cleared PMP last week... Started looking at this forum about 4-5 days before the exam and was always awaiting new posts to see their exam experience. So just giving back to the society
Got 3 Proficients, 2 Mod Prof (Initiating and Closing)
Some quick tips -
1. Read Rita / PMBOK and you can pick a book like Headfirst for reference. Actually reading PMBOK along with Headfirst will be helpful. Read them as many number of times as possible.
2. Mark all questions that you are unsure after answering your best guess and then revisit them after the end of the exam. This way at the end you will also get an idea of a rough score you might get (considering the best, worst and most likely scenario - ...- thinking PERT hmmmm :-) nice.
3. Keep your calm before the exam. Take breaks. That will rejuvinate you.
4. Read all the options in the exam. Dont hurry and pick up the correct answer. You can have more than one correct in an option which is preferred.
This is very very important.
5. Have a good grip on Earned value / Network Diagram questions. Those will literally help you earn some value. Very scoring.
6. Practice a lot of questions
- I think PMPForSure will prepare you well just because it has a lot of questions. Everytime you got an answer wrong, you will learn something. So Dont get disheartened if you are not scoring well in your first few tests.
- Oliver Lehmann (75/175) has good quality questions.
- Rita PMP Test - I think the questions are good to build your stamina for the exam. Practise the chapter questions for sure. Though easy, they will build your skills.
Some of my scores - PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE DO NOT FEEL LOW IF YOU GET LOWER THAN THESE. ALSO, DONT BE PROUD IF YOU SCORE MORE THAN THESE. The questions are very different in the exam and people who have scored lower might have gained more knowledge and may perform better in the exam (shouldn't be too low either :-)
PMPFORSURE TEST1 67
PMPFORSURE TEST2 72
PMPFORSURE TEST3 68
PMPFORSURE TEST4 65
PMPFORSURE TEST5 75
PMPFORSURE TEST6 73
PMPFORSURE TEST7 69
PMPFORSURE TEST8 79
PMPFORSURE TEST9 78
PMPFORSURE TEST10 72
SCORDO LITE 1 42
SCORDO LITE 2 41
SCORDO LITE 3 41
Oliver Lehman 75 Questions 61/75
Oliver Lehman 175 Questions 149/175
SimliLearn 70% (148/200)
Tough 200 Questions 144/200
Tough 75 Questions 50/75
PmZilla Tough 30 Questions 20/30
Any other questions, feel free to mail me. I have a very bad memory so no questions specific to any questions / breakup please.
ALL THE BEST! It is not very difficult.... a good preparation will help sail you through ...