Cleared PMP in First Attempt on 27th April
I cleared my PMP exam on 27-April-2012 with Proficient in all 5 areas. Thanks to PMZilla forums and the site for the useful information and content.
1) I did my PMP PDU course in Nov'2011. Started preparation in March'2012.
2) 1.5 months of preparation as follows:
a) Read Rita's Sixth edition once and answered chapter end questions
b) Read PMBOK start-to-finish once
c) Referred to Rajesh Nair's Notes.
d) Finally revised Rita (Once) and PMBOK (twice), two weeks before the exam.
3) Mock Tests: PM Zilla Free Test, Fast Track (PMP and Super PMP), Head First, Oliver Lehman 175 & 50 Qns. Scored above 75% in all tests.
1) Understand the PMBOK thoroughly and read the glossary and appendix without fail.
2) Logically remember all ITTOs. There were many questions on ITTOs for me.
3) Memorize/ Understand the key formulae on time, cost, comms, procurement and risk.
4) Get a good 8 hour sleep before the exam day.