Cleared PMP in first Attempt on 22nd with 3Ps and 2 MPs
Guys ! It was a great feel to pass PMP exam after preparing for 4 months (with few breaks ).
I happened to know about this forum almost two weekes prior to my exam , still I was following and discussing questions here and it really helped me a lot.
I had to travel all the way to other city to appear for the exam as there were no slots in my city.
Below are the preparations I did
1) Read PMBOK once
2) Selected another book as PMBOK is not so elaborative and doesn't talk about org theories etc - I found Kim Heldman's book very useful
3) I used to write few topics which are confusing on paper bits and fix it near to my office table. I could score minimum 4 qns from these bits I prepared.
4) I didn't bother much about the paid exams , as I did enough questions from the 24X7 books link available in the PMI site itself.
5) I did 3 full lenth mock test and scored 70-78 % and Rita Fast track I got 68%
6) Few days before the exam I re-read PMBOK once again and highlighted all improtant points with highligher and that helped me a lot as well ( method of approach may be different for different people)
I was really tensed as I read multiple success/failure stores...good/bad I don't know...
On the exam day :
1) I reached an hr hearly and they took me in only on time.
2) I did brain dump all stuff during the 15 minutes and didn't take more than 3 minutes to read the tutorial.
3) All wordy questions I marked and moved forward to attack simple questions.
4) I finished all 200 quesitons first round in 3 hrs and came back to the marked one ( almost 25)- those were wordy and tough numericals hence I took much time to clear them , at last I had 2-3 questions were I was confused and selected the best.
Finally the screen came with a "Congratulations message" and I was literally tired by then and it was 9:30 PM.
A long journey to become a project manager just started now......!
I want to thank all of the guys and girl here who contributed to the content and still keep shareing knowledge ,its helpful beyond imagination. Thanks to one and all !
Best of luck for PMP aspirants , be confident and do a decent preparation, you can definitely be the winner.