Cleared PMP :)
I am really glad to share this news with you all that I cleared PMP yesterday. Mine was a paper based-exam based on old format (Old format because our area was affected with Hurricane Irene and hence the exam was postponed). I gave the exam last week and the results came out yesterday.
I am not sure if everyone out there will be interested in my lessons learned since I gave the exam based on the old format but still I for those who are interested below was exam preparation strategy and the lessons learned:
1) Started with PMPrepcast for gaining 35 contact hours. Found it to be extremely good
2) After that read Rita and Rajesh Nair notes. Both were extremely good.
3) Read PMBOK. I would highly recommend PMBOK as a must since not all the topics are covered by Rita. Also I found my scores started improving after I read PMBOK.
I used Rita's PM Fast-track and found it to extremely helpful. I believe Rita's PM Fast-track was very close to the exam.
My scores initially were usually in the range of 68-74% for individual KA's.
My scores for the full-length tests were as follows:
1) PM Study free exam: 70%
3) Free 205 Questions on PMI website: 82% (I would highly recommend all the aspirants to take this test)
4) Rita's Super PMP- 75%
5) Oliver 175 questions: 64%
6) Oliver 75 questions: 68%
I would advice to focus more on practice tests as it helps identify your weak areas. I myself attempted more than 2500 questions from various sources and that helped me improve my confidence.
On the exam-day like everyone else wrote down all the ITTOs and formulas in the first few minutes.
I would first like to thank God, all the PMZilla members who helped me out esp. Admin, satish_multi, RP and many more for helping out clearing all my doubts. I also want to thank my dear hubby for supporting me through all these hard months and helping me with all household stuff.
Last but not the least special thanks to Rajesh Nair for creating such wonderful notes. I used to carry them with me in the train while going to office and read them whenever I got time.
Thanks again and wish all the aspirants good-luck for their exam :)