Cleared PMP on 23rd January 2015- 1st attempt
Cleared my PMP exam on 23rd January with proficient in Planning , Monitoring and controlling and moderately proficient in Initiating, executing, closing. Listing my study plan and other things I did.
Study duration -2 month (Only on weekends and occasionally weekdays for 3 to 4 hours a day)
Last 10 days before the exam 7 to 8 hours a day
1) PMBOK 5th edition- Extensively read, page to page, extremely helpful
2) Rita's Book- read twice but not as extensively as PMBOK- referred when needed- I recommend this book
3) Andy crowe- Referred when needed, content is of high standard - quite useful.
4) PMP headfirst - Referred couple of chapters - not at all useful- not up to the PM standard (Strictly my personal view )
5) Referred PMzilla for specific questions- which was very useful and helped a lot.
Mock tests and result ( All mock tests were taken after I completed at least 1st round of studying and 25days before the exam)
Tests have been ranked based on their standard and similarity with real PMP exam ( again strictly my personal views)
- Oliver Lehmann 175 questions(free)- My score 77.9%- highly useful, very high standard , highly recommended- Rank 1
- PM study exam 1 (free) - My score 77.14 %- very good standard – very useful – highly recommended- Rank 2
- PM exam simulator exam 3 (Paid )- My score 83%- good –useful – Rank 3
- Rita fastrack (Paid – very costly) –super PMP- my score 69%( 1st try) and 80%( 2nd try ) –many questions were repetition from 1st exam ( that is the reason I could score high 2nd time) – good standard and useful – Rank 3
- Rita fastrack(paid very costly) knowledge area exams – my score 73 % to 89 % - Very useful for learning concepts- highly recommended- Rank 3
- PMZilla 30 tough question – My score 30%- not so authentic answers, not useful , it may be harmful as well ( strictly my personal view) – Rank- not even worth ranking
- There are many free tests I have taken which were very easy and I was scoring more than 80% in all of them- they were good to learn concepts but not focused towards real exam.
My views on real exam.
- Real exam was not easy neither highly difficult if you have prepared well
- Things were highly logical and questions were of very high standard
- Looked like lot of research has gone into creating those questions.
- I felt It never tested my memory power
- It had put my analytical ability to the intense test.
- Understanding the wordy questions was of utmost importance.
- I was threatened by first few questions , but I regained my confidence and maintained my calm.
- I had left with only 8 minutes to review my answers and I had marked close to 29 questions for review. Around 10 questions were so confusing and difficult , I dint even marked them for review.
- Finally blank screen . moment of silence and eruption of joy – I had passed !
- I could not take even single break due to my slow answering rate.