Finally Cracked PMP (11 June)
Hello pmzilla members,
Finally I cleared PMP yesterday. Thanks to all of you who have posted their comments and recommendations...it was a real inspiration for me and also my mentor. Thanks to pmzilla blog for providing good forum to participate. I have been a silent follower till now. I passed with 1:P and 3:MP and 1:BP. My preparation was just for 2 months. Here is my journey log:
- Attended PMP workshop through my company in March 2012.
- Started preparing and became serious from April 2012. Became PMI member and scheduled exam date the same time for 11th June. I believe when you have exam date, it helps more as the deadline makes you more effective.
- Used books PMBOK, read 2-3 times and Rita 6th.
- From around 15th May started looking for various available mock test. I tried these – Rita Fast Track (paid), pmpforsure (paid), pmstudy, simplilearn, oliver, techfaq360 and many more that I got by google search and some posted in this forum.
- I did not even use the paper that was given to me in the exam. There were about 10 numerical questions and I just answered them by guessing and calculations through fingers like small children do. Honestly, I answered about 50 questions by guessing.
- I did not do anything else other than what being said above. I just studied like 2 hours on my working days and 3-4 hours on weekends.
I am relaxed today to have passed the PMP exam, but as it speaks in reality, I am really just beginning. Good luck to all aspiring PMP’s.
Thanks & Regards,