Earn PDUs for your Creative Story Incorporating PM— and win a $100 Amazon Gift Card
Earn PDUs for your Creative Story or Script Incorporating PM—
and win a $100 Amazon Gift Card
Are you tired of the same old project management learning materials? If so, help us in our mission to produce non-boring project management learning materials, and earn up to 25 PDUs along the way!
We are seeking ideas for:
· Short stories (true or fictional) on fun topics that incorporate project management principles and lessons. Some examples include (but feel free to let your imagination run wild):
o How to Project Manage Your Cat
o Spotting Project Management in Popular Movies
o The Day My Project Went Horribly Wrong
o Project Management in Sports
o How Spies Use Project Management
o The Most Terribly Managed Projects in History
o Project Management for the Stay-at-Home Mom or Dad
· Scripts or screenplays incorporating dramatic or funny tales incorporating project management principles and lessons. Examples include:
o A sleuth who uses project management to solve crimes
o A showdown in the wild, wild west over project management
o Superheros who use project management to save their cities from bad and evil projects
o Mysterious or spooky projects that are slowly uncovered
o Tales of romance between project managers or—gasp—their clients!
We are excited to get your ideas for fun and interesting project management topics. Remember that while the content is fun, it still needs to be a bit educational, imparting the reader or listener with new knowledge about project management.
Overview of Process
1. Email your name, email address, a 100-200 word overview, and 1 page sample of your story or script to PMStoryProject@gmail.com. We will email you a receipt for your CCR records.
If you submit by September 15, you will be entered into a drawing to win a $100 Amazon gift card.
Assuming this activity will take two hours or your time, you will earn 2 PDUs under the ‘Giving Back to the Profession’ section. This activity falls under Category D: ‘Creating New PM Knowledge.’
2. If we fall in love with your idea, we will contact you to invite you to develop it into a full story or script of approximately 30 pages over the course of late 2016-early 2017. If your idea is great but does not fit our project’s needs, we will discard it and not share it with anyone else.
3. If you are invited to to develop a full story or script, assuming a full story or script will take 30 hours of your time, you will earn the maximum 25 PDUs allowed under the ‘Giving Back to the Profession’ section. This activity falls under Category D: ‘Creating New PM Knowledge’ (according to the rules that went into effect after December 2015).
4. We will develop full stories or scripts into print and/or audio learning materials and disseminate, forever curing the world of boring project management content!