Cleared PMP on 24-Dec-2010, in first attempt
I cleared my PMP in first attempt on 24-Dec-2010.
Sharing my experience:
1. Did quick reading of PMBOK, frankly speaking I skipped many pages.
2. Read Rita 6 Edition PMP Exam PREP -- twice, did questions at end of each chapter (most important for PMP prep)
3. Consulted this website for some concepts like EVM, Critical path etc:-
4. Consulted Head First PMP 2nd Edition (2009), has got some simple questions at end of each chapter, but they must be done as part of ur PMP prep. My advice, you must try these questions atleast once.
5. Did two practice exam online (free):
* Head First PMP online exam simulator: http://www.headfirstlabs.com/PMP/free_exam/
* Free exam (175 questions): http://www.oliverlehmann.com/contents/free-downloads/175_PMP_Sample_Questions.pdf
6. I use to score in the range of 70% to 80% in all sample tests
7. Gave the full on 200 questions sample test only once
8. When you sit down to take exam at a computer testing center, you’ll be given scratch paper. You’ll also have 15 minutes to go through a tutorial that shows you how use the exam system.
Before you finish the tutorial, take a minute and write down all of the formulas. Write down the earned value formulas and the formula to calculate the lines of communication on the scratch paper. That will make any calculation question easy.
9. Try to attempt maximum questions in first 2 hours because after that time you start loosing concentration. I could finish in 2.5 hours, next 1 hour I did review of some of the answers which I had marked for review.